Thursday, March 26, 2009

Abstract Apple Tree III


Abstract Apple Tree III
Original 30" x 40" x 0.75" painting
Golden, Liquitex, and Atelier acrylics on gallery-wrapped canvas

This is the latest edition in the Abstract Apple Tree series. Part of my newest decorative line of paintings, I'm putting more emphasis on earth tones and larger "over-the-couch" type of works. A patron is requesting another edition in this series for her new home. She has some very specific color requirements, which I am happy to provide--in fact, it actually helps me when a client let's me know what works for them, as it takes some of the guess work out of painting something that meets their specifications and requirements.

Quote of the day: "Art is just something that human beings need to do. Some get to make art every day. Most just make their art when they get the chance. History does not care. History gets the work." --Peter William Brown